Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Post

Twitter's pretty gay. And facebook doesn't really allow you to keep a running dialogue of your opinions, experiences, etc. So why not try blogging? I've never been disciplined about keeping a diary, but often wish that I had. I see blogging as a sort of diary, but one which is open to the public. It's more like an inventory of things which I don't mind people reading. So what's the point? I don't think anyone really cares about what I have to say, but I'm bored and I think it may be fun to read this in like 10 years. 

I'm an aerospace student at MTSU, and I want to fly jets in the Air Force. That being said, I have not "signed my life away" just yet and am hesitant to do so, since if I don't get a jet, I'll be on the ground for a while. 

If you're going to follow me, be ready to wikipedia some terms if you want to understand what I'm talking about, because I'm going to be talking about airplanes. There is a story behind my URL [iwantmy172back] and I'm going to tell it now. 

When I was training for my Private in Gainesville, Ga, (KGVL) I did my training in two 2003 Cessna 172SP's. N2132W and N21527. I soloed on July 2, 2009 in 2132W. But that is beside the point. One day about a week before my check ride, I was taxiing out to RY23 with my instructor, and he made the comment that "One day, Reid, you'll be flying an F-something, and you'll look back on these days and say 'gee, I wish I could have my 172 back, it sure was a good airplane.'" This is a moment which stands out to me when I look back over all the time I've spent in airplanes, and I'm not sure why. All I know is that I hope he was right, and if I do get a fighter slot, I'll think back on that day, and remember the trusty 172 that I learned to fly in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment